There was some foreshadowing this night would come early yesterday morning when I realized my throat was swollen. Just 2 weeks ago I was fully recovered from a 15 day long cold so I did not expect to be sick again.
I barely made it through a day of work, I could barely eat my dinner, and as I lay watching Scrubs on the couch I felt it start to come over me. My body was aching, my skin was reacting to the slightest touch or temperature, and my brain was turning to mush. I was wrapped in 3 comforters with the heat blasting above 80 and I thought I was camping out in the Antarctic! However, I was still determined to get to the gym! I had my gym clothes washing (luckily Raul was home to assist me) and I took 800mg of Ibuprofen. But things just started to get worse...
I was so weak my legs almost gave out on me at the top of the stairs, my back and neck were throbbing and my bones felt like acid. I had to just go to sleep. Every time I hacked up a dry couch I would cry because it clenched my every highly-sensitive nerve and my lunges felt like molten rock.
I just couldn't be sick again! The next day I was supposed to make homemade Mexican food for work, prepare a dinner for the missionaries who come over every Wednesday and go to work!! SO I had Raul do the grocery shopping for me, don't worry girls I gave him a very comprehensive list!
I finally took some Nyquil which did not help me sleep for at least 2 more hours and then I dreamt. I had the craziest, anxiety filled nightmares about monsters and alligators in my fridge eating the meat for the Pasole I was supposed to make tomorrow. I woke up drenched in fever sweat, muscled up all the energy I had left to kick off my mountain of covers and went back to bed...
The whole night sucked and I am sick of being sick!! I don't have time for it. I never get sick 2 times in a row. I am attributing it to my strict and hardcore exercise regime that we have been religious about 5-6 times a week, my lack of sleep, and my lack of vitamins.
To top it off!!! When I took my Nyquil I bent over the bed to get my Gatorade and bliiiinnnnggg tons of nerves in my lower middle and right back went into a frenzy and decided to stab me in all directions! So now I have a thrown out back, I am sick again and I want to break every object I see out of anger!!!
Well, this morning I feel weak, but no more fever. I am making the food and we will see how long I last today.
I WILL GO TO THE GYM TONIGHT - !!!
4 comments:
I'm sorry you sick... Again. I feel your pain just be glad you can take lots of drugs. I had a very nasty cold while I was in my 7th month and could only take the recomened dosage of the crappy meds that dont do anything. All I want was some nightquill. Not fun I wouldn't wish it on anyone
Being sick sucks, expect you get to be taken care of by Rul's. When Adam was sick, he was a FREAKING BABY, he was more work than Janae ;-) Hope you feel better, and good try on going to the gym you are hardcore! Love ya
OK so I love the pic on your side pannel of All da Girls Christmas 06. Can you emial me your pics from that since I have none.
Thanks
Crystal
dang girl- that totally sucks. I know how it is to be sick twice in a row. When one of my boys gets sicks, then i get sick, then the other kid, then i get better and bo gets sick and then I get sick again. this last time I was really lucky- i had just got over being sick and the boys got sick again- I kept saying out loud in a postieve tone that I am not getting sick, I am not going to get sick. over and over adn over all day long, and guess what? Idid not get sick. I feel for ya girl. Hope everythign gets better. Make sure you drink lots of orange juice and vitamin c . Wash your hands constantly!!!
Post a Comment