Jun 13, 2008

Farewell Elder Reis

So one of our Hawaiian missionaries went home Wednesday. It was sad to see him go. I really have a bond with these boys - I just think missionaries are the true symbol of service, especially around these parts. They haved called this the "black hole" for the church. I guess the Mobile stake is like the worst in the world. We had them over for breakfast - I made my signature crab omelettes and cheesy hashbrowns. My own made up recipe that will be a family secret for decades!! (hehe) No really they're delish!

So now Elder Tovo has a new companion - I already forgot his name. They stopped by my work to say hello today. It will take me a few dinners before I remember his name bc I am an awful name remember-er. (my own word)

We are definitely gonna go visit them in Hawaii. We have an open invitation for free room and board. I am hoping for my big 2-8 in April. Just have to come up with some moola for the ticket - eek!

I think I will have my first baby when I am 28 or 29. My mom was 29 so that works for me! I would like to get through 2 full years of school first and Raul will have a couple raises by then too. I can't even imagine if we had kids when we first got married- we would have kids in school now! That is crazy - I am beyond grateful we waited (at least right now I am). For us it was good - just our own personal situation.

Anywho-it will be interesting to have little mini "us" humans running around. Surreal and amazing I am sure. It will be funny bc all their cousins to younger parents will be older than them.


Raul came home in such a good mood this morning. He had just been at an Ortho meeting and got his new Ortho lab coat - with his name and all. He was quite proud and so was I!! He also looked so handsome-don't you just love looking at your hubby and thinking he is so handsome! Then you just have to kiss him. I wonder what that is like when they are 70 - are you still like my husband is so handsome? I am sure you are...

See Mia - I can ramble too :) :)

3 comments:

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

ok so I decided that you need to get a gmail account so we can chat online because I know you were on at the same time as me just now. You have to take a pic of Raul in his lab coat! My oldest brother is so cool! (so is his wife) and I cant wait to see your cute little mini humans running around!

coltin-n-connersmommy said...

awe, so sad that he had to leave. you should take me to hawaii with you too. hehe. i bet he was an awesome missionary.
i love it when you look at your spouse( and children) and are just in "awe" of them, being so handsome and intelligent and everything inbetween. It only gets better when you have kids, cuz they are a part of you and oh it's so amazing. you'll be a fantastic mother. Cant wait!!!

Mia said...

hehehe - I LOVED your rambelings!!! You should do that more often!!!! Thats soo cool that you are so close with your missionaries!! We never have them over, I miss it!!!(we use to have them over every week right after I got baptized). Anyway - Im comming to Hawaii with you!!!!!