We are almost done with the dining room. We have painted it a mossy green - I like it. We have refinished a large round table. We did a dark wood stain top, black legs and black chairs that I am going to rub lightly with sand paper so they appear "worn".
I bought some beautiful dark chocolate faux silk curtains just for decor - they are going on thick 24 inch curtain rods - not for any use but appearance. Those will go up this weekend. We just have to finish the chair rail and crown moulding and that room will be finito!
Next we have our living room and kitchen. The kitchen bothers me more than I thought it would. Ugly wall paper, old bi-tone appliances and old countertops. It just has to go! I am going to do white on white , with dark counter tops. Mostly bc I can get really nice used white appliances and spend a 1/4 of what I would spend on new ones. I know we should be putting our money toward our debt but these appliances are old and the stove grosses me out cuz the guy never cleaned beneath the cooktops - ugh!
Our living room has very tall vaulted ceilings and we have to paint it, install moulding and paint all the wood floor boards white - which is a pain in the ars.
Oh and our powder room has terrible wallpaper - its gotta go now too!
So many projects, we will be doing these for months. I thought we would be done by July 1st - yeah right!
Pictures will come soon...
2 comments:
I can't wait to see it, you guys are super handy and crafty! There is no way I could do all that work I just have to get a house that is already finished because I don't think I would have time to do all of that or actually want to! But you inspire me and make me want to do that
Yoour dining room probably looks P-I-M-P! Oh yeah...and the rest of the house will too once you are finished. We need to come up there again and actually help this time
Post a Comment