Sep 24, 2008

Questions for the Mommies

Hi Mommies~
I need your input please. I am not pregnant now but we are in the planning stages of expanding our family. :)

I am deciding whether or not to take a semester off of school after the baby is born. Say if I had a baby next Decemeber I would take the Spring semester off (about 7 months).

However, I want your honest input - with a newborn baby do you think 2 days a week for 5 hours a day would be too stressful on a new mommy. I would have an in home caretaker on those days. Or do you think it would be refreshing?
I know newborns schedules are very wacky and that is why I have planned my semesters so I can take 1-2 off as needed, however, I just want other mommies opinions.

This is your honest opinion on what you think or how you would feel about that as new mommy with a newborn baby. I need all the mommies opinions.

Much appreciated - thanks!!!!

2 comments:

Carlie said...

hhhmmmm. Thats a toughie. Well, I dont think that 2 days a week 5 hours a day is a bad idea, i would only worry about not being able to stay awake during class. Then in turn being awnry and frazzled cuz you havent slept very good and the baby is needing your attention and wont stop crying. Also can you REALLY trust someone else with watching your child? I mean you hear and see all the time on tv now moms who go back to work and set up hidden cameras in the house only to see their children being abused by the caretaker. so, really it's a tough decision. I think you should pray about it and then take it from there. I enjoy being a fulltime mommy(but wish I could go to school adn get a degree so that when all my kiddos are in school and can get out and work for a few hours aday)
ok sorry for the novel. Honestly, i would just pray about it.
PRAYER is so helpful to me

Beluga said...

FYI - for other input.

Thanks for the input Carlie.
I am actually going back to school for sure, but wanted to see if taking a semester off with a newborn while she/he gets their schedule straight and mine. So we will have an in home person. But I feel confident in my interview and people skills and will do extensive background checks. Plus I will find someone from church - there are people there. It really just comes down to that 1st semester after the baby is born.
We will def pray about it once I do get pregnant but I like to research other mom's experiences and get a good knowledge base.
Thanks so much for the input!!