Dec 4, 2008

The Kitchen.

I hope you all aren't tired of my before and after pics bc I will prob be posting these for the next 5 years, since we still have three bathrooms to complete, and will probably do an entire room for a nursery (eventually).


This is my little kitchen, it is small, but it works. It was HIDEOUS before, ugh! We used our tax rebate check to do it, cuz I just COULD NOT take it anymore! Yes, we should have put the money toward debt, but alas...here is the cocina (this has been done for months now!)


BEFORE (we just moved in so it was SUPER messy!)

AFTER BEFORE

AFTER
NOTE:
We painted the cabinets bc we couldn't afford new ones. I would never recommend this to anyone unless you really want to do the labor and save the money. It sucked.

We bought all used or slightly dinked new appliances. Raul installed the above oven microwave. He had to recut the cabinets and do all the wiring, yes he is a genious!

We also did all the labor ourselves, Raul measured and cut the countertops. I monitored, supervised and adjusted. (Jessica helped me a paint a cabinet - thanks Jessie-O!)

We painted the UGLY wallpaper (they love their ugly wallpaper here). Removing wallpaper from a wall is a terrible task, so no thanks.


We put a wainscoat backsplash up, cheap and easy. However, so far I have not been happy scrubbing particles out of the grooves. We did this before in our basement in B-more, but I guess we did not use it enough to know about this flaw. I really do like how they look though.


I would have liked to get tile for the floor or put in our fake wood, but by the time we were done with this we were like, THATS IT. It is finished!

If I had my druthers I would have gotten new cherry wood cabinets, stainless steel appliances and real tile floor, bc it would have added more value to the house. But hey, it looks better, right??


I wish we would have taken more before pics.

4 comments:

Sheena said...

Wow it looks awesome!! What hard workers you are, it definitely look mucho better!

The Coolest Curiels said...

I think it looks great! Sorry, we did not get back to you guys about the 22nd.:( (I haven't checked my blog in a while)but we are excited abouit the 19th! :) Danile and I have already taken off of work and are in the process of getting ready. Love ya! P.S. Happy late Thanksgiving. Looks like y'all had a blast.

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

Wow it looks Great!!! I love to see your renovations! Hey I think that the Christmas party is moving to Jenny and Mitch's house... Just wanted to make sure you knew. Anyway I cant wait to see you guys!!!

Mia said...

gorgeous!!!!!!!! I LOVE the cabinets!!!! I have always wanted to paint mine white! You kitchen is Da Bomb yo!!!!! (sorry, ghetto attack). Anyway- great job! You should become an interior decorater, you have the skills.