It was a fun read, but I definitely should not have seen the movie first. I like coming up with the characters in my head instead of having their images forced on me. Also, I knew what was going to happen.
I personally like the action and suspense more than the love story. I know, I know, the Twilight lovers will call me "sacrilege". I guess I'm not a romantic kind of gal. :)
I DO think Raul is my Edward though! I see him just like Bella sees Edward! In almost every way. Especially when we were first dating - I thought he was invincible. (until I became the nag wife) I also always love and admire his face and never feel good enough. SO I could completely relate to the book and Bella's perspective in that way.
Also, the young love, totally encompassing and your entire life revolves around it; I remember what that was like. Now love is about making it through life together, learning to compromise and growing together. I guess I was a cynical married woman reading a child's love story thinking just wait until it gets real.
I will read the entire series though. I need something light and fun to read before school starts. I am most curious about the other vampire characters and would like to find out more about their personal histories.
I can see how some of the casting for the movie was off. I like Nikki Reed as an actress, but she is beautiful dark, not blonde. They def needed a natural blonde with more striking looks for that part. Also, Bella's friends were like a representation of a highschool United Nations. C'mon - we don't need to be SO politically correct. I liked James character in the movie more than in the book.
Anywho, them theres my opinions! :)
1 comment:
I agree with you on the action part. I am much more of an action fan then a romance fan. I was a little disappionted with how little action there was. But hey it is a love story.
Post a Comment