Raul and I went to church yesterday after a bit of a long absence from me (due to health, out of town, etc.)
The Stake Pres. invited us into his office to speak with us. I figured we would get a calling but was not quite sure.
To preface this story so you understand the pertinence I have been feeling spiritually dehydrated lately. Mostly due to the fact I don't feel like I am learning anything, and I really crave a better understanding and knowledge of the scriptures. I do not know most of the biblical and BofM stories since I am a convert and rarely attended Sunday school and never attended seminary. Also, I have been in a lot of Spanish speaking wards and though I can get some of what is going on it is not the same.
Okay, so the calling we received is to be Institute Teachers! I just thought that was so cool. I mean I am nervous and anxious, but the best way to learn is to teach!
It starts in Sept, but prior to that we will be involved in the activities. I will be on my own a lot since it will be around 7pm and Raul sometimes will still be in surgeries, but that's okay.
Also, I have been going back and forth with my major being English Secondary Edu or Social Work, and this calling will def. help me feel my way around that.
Wish us luck!
Oh and I have been wanting to visit teach for forever! I just kept feeling like I NEEDED to be out there. I finally received my visiting teaching assignment too. I am going to call my companion first thing today and get started!
I hope these opportunities help to break down the ice that is around my heart. I know it is keeping me safe from pain but it also keeps me away from the spirit.
4 comments:
You are just too cute for words
That is AWESOME!!! Super cool. I have heard that as an institute teacher you learn a gripload! And its fun being with the college kids too :)
SWEET!!! That will be def good for you...Janae is poopy and before I barf I better go change her. Good luck!! See ya soon!
thats crzy- i kow you will do great. the best way to learn is to teach. good luck.
Post a Comment