May 3, 2008

Color Schemes - Need some OPINIONS please

Let me preface this - Our living does not look quite like this. However there is a large entry way into our dining room and I want there to be somewhat of a dramtic change in mood from one room to the next, however, keeping the entire place consistent and not scattered.

The color of the rug will be our main accent color and we will NOT have a large rug in that color. More like some pillows, vases and art work with that color.

Our floors are more of a neutral brown wood and our couch is pictured in a couple posts below.

I really like the lime colors in style right now.
Teal and brown is pretty but seems to be all the rage and thus might be a passing trend. This needs to last us 5 years bc our living room is very high vaulted and once we paint it - that's it. Our dining room we can change though.

The red and brown might be what Raul likes best - but the whole color thing is really up to me so I need some OPINIONS - I know it also depends on how it looks on the actual canvas (Kevin, Crystal, Danny and Jessica -you're in luck - you get to help us choose colors IN PERSON - hehe)

O
kay- comment away...
















































I added in some pillows and art work - very amateur, but just so you could get a better idea.

Tell me what you OPINE...






























Here is NEW one - I'm not usually into purple, but it is supposed to have a very calming effect so I tried. Tell me what you think. Raul is really liking the blue...I haven't showed him this purple one yet. I also darkened up the floor a bit so you could see it's not so orange.








Here is one more new one. I wanted to play with romantic colors and flowers.

5 comments:

Sheena said...

Ok lots of choices, but I like the last two pictuers, I kind of like the 2nd one from the bottm the best.

Sheena said...

Wait I also like the 3rd one from the bottom. And just because it might be a trend you can still keep it because I like going in to other peoples houses and seeing something other than red and brown like my friend has lime green and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

The Coolest Curiels said...

I really like the red and brown the best! The last one and the second one look VERY similar. I also like the lime green, but not as much.

PS. I will be able to get Thursday and Friday off, but the only way I will get partial pay is if I have a doctor's excuse..do you think Raul could help us out?

Sheena said...

I like the new one at the top in the new post. I don't know if I would do pink or purple. I like the ideo of the purple, something different but I could see that getting old after 5 years so more neutral I would stick with then maybe accent with lime green or blue

Mia said...

I LOVE lime green and chocolate. In fact I did my living room in those colors, then Poof!!! I got sick of it about 2 months later!! There just wasnt enough color, so I went with more orange and red tones instead, they just feel so much more warm and inviting to me.